Thursday, May 19, 2011

Hostile Hosmer

Hooray for first-pitch, game-tying home runs.

Eric Hosmer dingers off of Neftali Feliz are great, but only when the Royals retain a modicum of baserunning competency afterward. Aggressive baserunning doesn't mean reckless baserunning.

Things I spy with my eye:
  • I can see it now -- Chris Getz won't ever be truly out of the lineup, because Mike Aviles just doesn't have sense enough to not have bad days at the plate when Getz is out. And then Getz will play the next day and draw a walk or get a hit, and we start the whole thing over again. That being said, good game for Chris, he did have a couple of very, very nice plate appearances.
  • Danny Duffy. Well, he's here, and boy, did he look nervous. The Rangers just didn't square much of anything off of him, and even without Duffy having any real control, their hitters still flailed quite a bit. But 6 walks in 4 innings was still the storyline, here.
  • Warning track power? Billy Butler. Billy Bulter, warning track power. I'm sure you two will get along just fine.
  • It still shocks me when Jeff Francoeur draws a walk. It's happened 11 times this season so far, and each time my eyes have widened, my eyebrow has arched, and dogs in the neighborhood have cocked their heads to the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment