Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Chatting with Danny Duffy's Dad

Well, besides Danny Duffy pitching 6 strong innings and the Royals getting a victory, I ended up with an unforeseen bonus to the game last night.

I got to speak with Danny Duffy's dad.

I'm writing more on it over at Royals Review, so if you'd like to read up on it, please head there using the following link: http://www.royalsreview.com/2011/6/15/2224812/danny-duffys-dad-and-other-not-so-alliterative-things

In the meantime, here's a picture.




Besides that, I was impressed with Duffy's composure on the mound. He did walk four, but never really in situations that hurt him directly, and I also believe there are strike calls he didn't get in this game that he would have in others (of course, you can say that in just about any baseball game, but you get my point). Let's be honest -- at this point, the Oakland A's were just about the perfect team for Duffy to pitch against; struggling offense in a pitcher's ballpark. But the point is, he got it done, and hopefully this will work as a confidence launchpad for him. He's obviously got the stuff.

I'll also spaz out a bit. Did...did Jeff Franceour walk twice in one game, or did I just have one too many beers? Oh, wait...I didn't drink any beers. Bugger that. Onto the bullet points.
  • Well, Alcides Escobar, I'm glad you found the correct bat -- you know, the one with hits in it. Dump those other ones, please. Or, donate them to the Detroit Tigers.
  • Chris Getz keeps making me arch my eyebrow at him in the field; another easy play that he ended up making difficult. Yo, Chris, you do know Johnny Giavotella is playing well at Omaha, right? You might want to stop doing those things...defense is supposed to be your strong suit.
  • If Billy Butler wants to hit a few more home runs, I have some simple advice -- you might want to swing at some 3-0 pitches, Billy. Get greedy. Please. If you're Matt Treanor, fine. Otherwise, try and get both cheeks into one, will ya?
  • Okay, so now Joakim Soria is starting to look more like Joakim Soria, instead of...oh, I dunno, Joakim Noah.
Have a good day, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment