Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Look for me...I'll be in the Royals gear

I'll be at the next three Royals games, as they're making the trip to the Bay Area to play the Oakland Athletics in one of those scary-although-we-should-be-optimistic series.

Optimistic? As bad as the Royals have been lately, the A's have been worse.

Scary? Well...the A's have to win sometime, don't they?

Tonight's and tomorrow's game I should be behind the visitor's dugout, as close as I can get (which is usually the first to the third row), but on Thursday I haven't the slightest clue where my seats are, beyond knowing that they're pretty good. I'd love to live blog the game or something cool like that, but I'm thinking that's a bit ambitious for me.

I'm loud and annoying enough many of the games I attend to get a bottle cap or three thrown at me from the upper deck (usually coinciding with whether or not the Royals are winning), so we'll see how many "clinks" I hear from the seats around me, and/or how many A's fans they hit despite aiming for me.

Yes indeed, I'm afraid some of the...ah, more colorful...Raiders fans also happen to be A's fans. Go figure.

So, if you see a brown, bald guy clapping it up and generally making a nuisance of himself to A's fans, there's a good chance that'll be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment